Monday, October 25, 2010

Almost done

Well, my winter project looks to be done before winter even hits.  Knock on wood.  This weekend my dad and I got the carbs back on the bike, the coolant system back together and got it running.  At first the bike did not want to start and the battery was pretty dead.  But once we got it running and got the idle speed adjusted properly it ran really well, knock on wood again.  It seems to fire up instantly now and the throttle seems much more responsive.  I need a new choke cable, mine is busted, but luckily it seems to start up without the choke now so I might just wait on that and just get one when I get the new battery.  Hopefully when Spring comes the bike fires right up and I can head out and enjoy it without having to do a single thing to it.  Fingers crossed.  I'm hoping to get it out a few more times this year.  I for sure want the carbs synced but I have to find either someone I trust to do it or someone with a carb sync tool that trust me to use it.  It was a learning experience for sure and not only did I learn how to almost tear this bike down to the frame but I also learned I need to look harder when buying a used bike. LOL  Although i still would of taken this bike because I love it.  Hopefully no more surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment