Thursday, September 23, 2010

FZ1 "Project"

Not really a project but here is a list of things I've done to the FZ1 so far and some plans to come:

  • Wired the rear brake light to act as tail, brake, and turn signals
  • Got a set of bar end mirrors
  • Added a Fiamm Highwayblaster horn
  • Fixed the throttle from sticking
Things on the way
  • Have a new clutch lever and perch coming, the stock one was loose
  • Have a set of Driven grips on the way
  • Have a set of LED front turn signals coming
This winter
  • I plan to rip out the emissions junk and while I have the radiator off I'll change the plugs
  • I might do a new handlebar or repaint the current one, if so I'll do it before I do the grips
  • New brake lever
And I think that is it.  I want to do as little as possible on the bike because I want this to start a street fighter / naked bike and don't want a lot of junk on it and I don't want to get into modding it and dumping a bunch of cash into it.  Then hopefully come Spring ride it more. LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment